Nova Scotia Archives

The Royal Engineers in Halifax

Dockyard, Halifax

Piers note: No. 351. Dockyard: Number 1 Store: Hawser Store, Paint Store, etc., with old Sail Loft above, and Clock Tower on roof. Of ironstone below and wood above. To right of door is a stone inscribed GR 1770. The clock was made by Aynsth Thwaites, Clerkenwell, London, 1767. Shows end of Number 3 Store of 1769 to right. View of eastern end; looking Northwest. This is no doubt the "Oil Store" of Stubby's paper.

Date.: ca. 1883

Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6851 (Piers 351) / negative N-1175

Nova Scotia Archives —

Crown copyright © 2024, Province of Nova Scotia.