Piers note: No. 349. Dockyard: Number 3 and Number 4 Wharves; with Coal Store which had been built after 1878. These two wharves are extensions of the original Careening Wharf; and that section which is called Number 4 was the Sheer Wharf on which the sheer-mast once stood. To the right is seen a bit of stone store (once Naval Barracks) (No. 355). Looking Southeast from across "the Camber", towards Mount Hope Asylum.
Date.: ca. 1883
Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6850 (Piers 349)
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/royalengineers/archives/
Crown copyright © 2023, Province of Nova Scotia.