Nova Scotia Archives

The Royal Engineers in Halifax

Queen's Wharf, Halifax

Piers note: No. 245. Queen's Wharf: Store at Southwest corner of property near foot of Prince Street, formerly Queen's Store (1851), Barrack Store (1860), central door obscurely marked "General (?) Store Number (?)"; old, wooden, 2½ storeys, 19 feet high to eaves, about 29 feet to top of roof, running Northeast and Southwest; photographed about 1879. Looking South-southwest from near base of southern wharf. The very old store was demolished when the new Fisheries Experimental Station brick building was begun in 1929.

Date.: ca. 1879

Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6957 (Piers 245) / negative N-1470

Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/royalengineers/archives/

Crown copyright © 2022, Province of Nova Scotia.