In 1891 there were 154 stone buildings in Nova Scotia. Stone quarried at Wallace, Cumberland County, and in Pictou County was either used for local construction projects or shipped elsewhere. Both Wallace and Pictou County stone was used in the construction of Nova Scotia's Province House.
Photographer: Clara Dennis
Reference: Clara Dennis Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1983-468 no. 155
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/builtheritage/archives/
Crown copyright © 2021, Province of Nova Scotia.