The Canadian Government Ship (CGS) Montmagny was a lighthouse-supply and buoy-tender vessel owned by the federal Department of Marine and Fisheries. She sailed from her home-port of Quebec in early May 1912, stopped briefly in Halifax, and then proceeded to the disaster site to search for bodies and wreckage from the Titanic. The listing below, constructed electronically from the 'Disposition of Bodies ex Titanic' list, provides information on the four bodies subsequently recovered by the Montmagny.
|Name||No. on List||How Disposed of||Remarks|
|Unidentified, Male||326||Buried at sea.||Wore steward's white coat; light check overalls; coatmaker's mark. "Baker & Co., Southampton." No further aids to identification. Possibly a steward.|
|Reynolds, Harold||327||Buried at Fairview Cemetery, Halifax, N.S.||On "Montmagny." Listed as third class. Embarked Southampton.|
|Unidentified, Female||328||Buried at Mount Olivet Cemetery, Halifax, N.S.||Wore lace trimmed red and black overdress; black underdress; green striped underskirt; black woolen shawl and black slippers. No further aids to identification. Probably a third class passenger.|
|Smith, C.||329||Buried at Fairview Cemetery, Halifax, N.S.||On Montmagny. Probably one of the C. Smiths. On crew list-Vict. Dept.|
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/titanic/ships/
Crown copyright © 2023, Province of Nova Scotia.