Nova Scotia Archives

The Royal Engineers in Halifax

Royal Engineers' office, Halifax

Piers note: No. 189. Lumber Yard: Royal Engineers' Office, north front, of ironstone, 1½ storeys; about 1877. Looking Southwest (steeple of St. Andrew's Church in right distance). This building (Royal Engineers' office) was begun in 1815; was taken for railway terminal purposes about 1913, and demolished not long after.

Date.: ca. 1877

Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6918 (Piers 189) / negative N-2076

Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/royalengineers/archives/

Crown copyright © 2022, Province of Nova Scotia.