Nova Scotia Archives

The Royal Engineers in Halifax

Glacis Barracks Guard Room, Halifax

Piers note: No. 188. Glacis Barracks Guard Room, East-northeast front, with bit of rear of Racket Court ("Ball Court") to right, off Cogswell Street at south end of Gottingen Street, 1877. With several soldiers of 20th or 97th Regiment wearing shako and shoulder-belt, and having Martini-Henry rifles. Looking West-southwest. Guard-room erected about 1799 and demolished about 1900. Its site now occupied by brick stables.

Date.: 1877

Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6896 (Piers 188)

Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/royalengineers/archives/

Crown copyright © 2022, Province of Nova Scotia.