Piers note: No. 400. Residences of Military People, etc.: Granite-fronted House, No.158 Pleasant Street, west side, between South and Harvey Streets, Halifax, then the residence of Assistant Commissary General of Ordnance, Anthony Sutton Beswick, who was at Halifax from about 1877 to about 1880 (see also No. 7021). In the Halifax Directory for 1879, Beswick was living in this house (No. 158). He is shown in carriage in front of the house. About 1879. Looking Northwest. This house, 2½ storeys high, is built of dressed granite in front, and of ironstone on sides. It once belonged to Hon. William A. Henry, and to Thomas E. Kenny, and to John Metzler in 1878, Beswick was there in 1879, and John Sutherland in 1884. To right is seen stone house at corner of Harvey Street (No.162) in which Lewis Price, inspector of militia lived in 1879, in which James Scott afterwards lived. To left is fence of McNab, Binney, Fuller House.
Date.: ca. 1879
Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 7035 (Piers 400) / negative N-1484, N-10296
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/royalengineers/archives/
Crown copyright © 2021, Province of Nova Scotia.