Nova Scotia Archives

The Royal Engineers in Halifax

Dockyard, Halifax

Piers note: No. 376. Dockyard: North Gate or Hospital Gate, of sandstone, erected 1809, leading to Hospital and Victualling Yard, also section of Wall, no doubt of same date; as seen from outside. Shows Southeast end of Hospital, and roofs of Porter's Lodge (No. 371) to left, and of large Dwelling (No. 372) to right. Looking North from across Upper Water Street. Small side gate has its lintel inscribed in an oval GR 1809 and a like inscription is on the inside of same gate (No. 371).

Date.: ca. 1883

Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6874 (Piers 376) / negative N-1179

Nova Scotia Archives —

Crown copyright © 2023, Province of Nova Scotia.