Nova Scotia Archives

The Royal Engineers in Halifax

Dockyard, Halifax

Piers note: No. 372. Dockyard: Large Dwelling and inside of North Gate or Hospital Gate as it was originally called, of sandstone built in 1809. To left, large Willow Tree with Bell suspended in it. Behind tree is bit of house (No. 370) and towers of North Street Railway Station. To right is Porter's Lodge (No. 371). Looking South from Southeast end of Naval Hospital.

Date.: ca. 1883

Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6870 (Piers 372)

Nova Scotia Archives —

Crown copyright © 2024, Province of Nova Scotia.