Woolford identifies the properties of Lawrence, Mr. Major, Mr. Morris and Thompson. There was only one inn, Thompson's, between miles 28 and 32. Present-day Cameron's Lake appears as Hutchinson's Lake. Lord Dalhousie concluded in February 1817 that "There are some very pretty spots & lakes which in summer must be beautiful...." Mr. Morris (Charles Morris III, Surveyor-General of Nova Scotia) also had property in this area, on which "a small hut and a barn" had been erected. Ardoise Hill is identified as 'Ardice' Hill, although it is really Willow Hill. The Governor noted in his journal that Ardoise hill was really a ridge of high land rather than an actual hill.
Draughtsman: John Elliott Woolford
Reference: Nova Scotia Archives Map Collection: 15.1
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/woolford/archives/
Crown copyright © 2021, Province of Nova Scotia.