Nova Scotia Archives

Woolford's Surveys: The Roads from Halifax to Windsor and Truro, 1817-18

''Admiralty House''

Mile 1 on Woolford's strip map. View of the western front, looking eastward. Admiralty House was built of ironstone with freestone trimmings, and still stands today. Construction on it began in 1814 and carried over several following years.

Date: 12 October 1928

Reference: Nova Scotia Archives Photograph Collection: Navy: General: Admiralty House (1)

Nova Scotia Archives —

Crown copyright © 2024, Province of Nova Scotia.