Nova Scotia Archives

The Royal Engineers in Halifax

Naval magazine, Halifax

Piers note: No. 107. Naval Magazines, north of Naval Hospital: Expense Magazine for "36 BB's", and wooden Shed, with soldiers, ammunition, handcarts, in Northwest part of Magazine grounds; 1873. Looking South-southwest (nearly South) towards Officers' Quarters, Wellington Barracks, roof of which is seen over Campbell Road fence. This section of Naval Magazine grounds was taken when railway was extended from Richmond to North Street, in or about 1877.

Date.: 1873

Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6926 (Piers 107) / negative N-2075

Nova Scotia Archives —

Crown copyright © 2024, Province of Nova Scotia.