Piers note: No. 54. South Barracks (Royal Engineers' Quarters), Sackville Street: South Barracks, northern half of western front, with veranda, of wood, 2½ storeys high (built about 1795); showing also Parade Ground, Gate and Guard Room, with houses nos; 77 and 79 on north side Sackville Street (site of High School); 1872. Looking North from west end of Cook House at South end of Parade Ground.
Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6968 (Piers 54) / negative N-2068
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/royalengineers/archives/
Crown copyright © 2023, Province of Nova Scotia.