Piers note: No. 386. Wellington Barracks: Well Room, "Northern" one, of brick trimmed with granite; with wooden Skittle Alley to left, and chimney of "northern" Cook House, beyond; on the boundary and Gottingen Street between ends of Macara and Bilby Streets; date unknown. Looking South from near Northwest end of Soldiers' Quarters. These buildings have since been demolished, and the northern Latrine (brick) built there. The similar southern Well Room still stands (1931) opposite to north range of Almon Street. In the present view, John L. Tamner's(?) grocery shop is seen through fence, on other side of Gottingen Street.
Date.: between 1870 and 1885
Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6975 (Piers 386) / negative N-1485
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/royalengineers/archives/
Crown copyright © 2023, Province of Nova Scotia.