Nova Scotia Archives

The Royal Engineers in Halifax

Dockyard, Halifax

Piers note: No. 328. Dockyard: Three Official Residences inside South Gate; view of Southeast front, looking West. At this period, Andrew Vizard, naval and victualling storekeeper, lived in middle house (No. 2); Charles Stubbing, Chief Clerk, in right hand one (No. 1); and W.A. Harvey or C. Salmon, engineer of Yard, in lefthand one (No. 3). A Warden or Gate Porter in foreground. This building probably built about 1844, and demolished in summer of 1930.

Date.: ca. 1882

Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6835 (Piers 328) / negative N-5140

Nova Scotia Archives —

Crown copyright © 2024, Province of Nova Scotia.