Piers note: No. 277. Wellington Barracks: Quartermaster's Stores and Office, and Carpenter's Shop, of brick, 2½ storeys high, with later brick extension for Painter's Shop, Bread and Meat Stores, 1½ storeys high; roof of Admiralty House barn in right distance; the Coal Store is just out of view to left; at "southern" side of the Barracks property; 1880 or 1881. Looking East-southeast from Parade ground at Southeast end of Soldiers' Quarters. The main building is 23 feet high to eaves, and the extension 12½ feet to eaves. These buildings must have been erected sometime between 1878 and 1880.
Date.: 1880 or 81
Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6976 (Piers 277) / negative N-1480
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/royalengineers/archives/
Crown copyright © 2023, Province of Nova Scotia.