Piers note: No. 264. Naval Magazine, to North of Naval Hospital: The Magazines; showing Cooperage, small old stone building in left foreground; "A" Magazine of 1813-14; and new Small Arms Magazine "C" (?) of brick, built about 1872; with enclosing fence; Wharf in foreground. "B" Magazine is hidden in the Small Arms Magazine. Taken 1880(?). Looking West from end of Wharf. This view connects directly with No. 261; the sentry-box to extreme left in this one, being in extreme right in No. 261. First stone bomb-proof magazine built 1813-14. The western magazine demolished about 1928-29.
Date.: ca. 1880
Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6929 (Piers 264) / negative N-1457
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/royalengineers/archives/
Crown copyright © 2023, Province of Nova Scotia.