Nova Scotia Archives

Lunenburg-sur-mer


St. John's Anglican Church

Built at the expense of the British Government in 1754, St. John's was the first Church of England in Nova Scotia after St. Paul's in Halifax. The frame was brought from Boston, and enlarged in the 1870s. One of the earliest known photographs of Lunenburg.

date: ca. 1869

Photographer: A.E. Rhodes

numéro de référence: Estate of Elizabeth G. Owen Nova Scotia Archives Photo Collection: Places: Lunenburg: Churches

Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/lunenburg/archives/

Crown copyright © 2020, Province of Nova Scotia.