The School for the Blind formally opened in 1871. Between 1868 (when construction began) and1903, the building was enlarged and renovated three times, in order to accommodate a growing number of pupils who came from throughout Atlantic Canada in response to the progressive education which the school offered to the visually challenged. Located on the south side of Morris Street between South Park and Tower Road, the building was a Halifax landmark until its demolition ca.1983.
Reference: Halifax School for the Blind Nova Scotia Archives 1992-320 no. 16
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/halifax/archives/
Crown copyright © 2020, Province of Nova Scotia.