Nova Scotia Archives

Gideon White Family Papers


Firth House

In R.R. McLeod, ''Historical Sketch of the Town of Shelburne, Nova Scotia'', Acadiensis, Vol. VIII, 1908, opposite p. 41.

The Firth House was occupied in 1783 when Governor Parr read the proclamation naming “Shelburne”.

Reference: NSARM Library: F120 AC1 J12, Vol. 8

Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/white/exhibit/

Crown copyright © 2020, Province of Nova Scotia.