Nova Scotia Archives

The Royal Engineers in Halifax

Ordnance Yard, Halifax

Piers note: No. 216. Ordnance Yard: Armoury, old, of "ironstone" with sandstone trimmings, 2½ storeys high; two mortars near door; Smith's Shop at left, wall and Southern Gate to right; all at Southeast side of Yard; about 1879. Looking East from near front of Office Building. This building is very old, and was there at least in 1829. Esson and Co's granite building, Upper Water Street, is at right.

Date.: ca. 1879

Reference: Royal Engineers Nova Scotia Archives number 6938 (Piers 216) / negative N-2080

Nova Scotia Archives —

Crown copyright © 2024, Province of Nova Scotia.