Maritime Broadcasting Limited began broadcasting as Radio Station CHNS in 1926 from the Carleton Hotel, corner of Argyle and Prince, with a 100-watt transmitter. Two years later, the station moved to the penthouse of the Lord Nelson Hotel, this time with a 500-watt transmitter.
Reference: CHNS Radio Studio Nova Scotia Archives 1992-396 no. 6
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/halifax/archives/
Crown copyright © 2021, Province of Nova Scotia.