Nova Scotia Archives

Halifax and Its People / 1749-1999

"Unloading Salt Cod at Smiths [Wharf], Hfx., N.S.", [195-]

A. & M. Smith Company were fish exporters and salt importers located at 189 Lower Water Street, adjoining W.M. Robertson & Son Limited, ship chandlers. The Smith buildings were removed and replaced by a modern exhibit wing for the Maritime Museum of the Atlantic in 1981; the storefront of the neighbouring Robertson building was incorporated directly into the museum's facade.

Photographer: Robert Norwood

Date: 1950s

Reference: Robert Norwood Nova Scotia Archives 1987-480 no. 241

Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/halifax/archives/

Crown copyright © 2021, Province of Nova Scotia.