The City Market has resided in many locations throughout downtown Halifax during its long life. In 1953 it was located at 148 Market Street, a building purpose-designed in 1913 by architect S. P. Dumaresq. By 1953, however, most of the building had been taken over by the Halifax Police Department.
Note: Vendor in Fedora is the late Ernie Cross of Dartmouth
Photographer: Robert Norwood
Date: ca. 1953
Reference: Robert Norwood Nova Scotia Archives 1987-480 no. 407
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/halifax/archives/
Crown copyright © 2023, Province of Nova Scotia.