The Halifax Medical College was established in 1867 as the Medical Department at Dalhousie College. In 1875 it became a separate corporation and constructed a building on the corner of Carleton and College Streets from designs by Henry F. Busch. In 1889, the two institutions united again, Dalhousie having recently completed the Forrest Building just across the street from the Medical College.
Enid Johnson MacLeod, in Petticoat Doctors (1990), has identified the woman in the Anatomy Laboratory as Clara Mary Olding, the third woman to graduate (1896) from the college.
Date: ca. 1890
Reference: United Church of Canada. Committee on Archives Nova Scotia Archives 1975-194 no. 19 / neg. no.: N-1941
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/halifax/archives/
Crown copyright © 2020, Province of Nova Scotia.