Paul Yates' photograph of the official opening appeared in The Halifax Herald, Saturday, 5 July 1941 with the caption " . . . a crowd of visitors who attended the opening."
Date: 04 July 1941
Photographer: Paul Yates
Reference: Historic Restoration Society of Annapolis County Nova Scotia Archives 1988-261.1 number 392
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/habitation/archives/
Crown copyright © 2021, Province of Nova Scotia.