Nova Scotia Archives

The Eassons and the Hoyts

Two Hundred Years of Family and Community Life in Nova Scotia

Bailey House, 150 St. George Street, Annapolis Royal, ca.1770

The house at 150 St. George Street was built around 1770, probably by John Easson, master artificer at the fort. On 5 August 1783, he sold the dwelling, storehouse, and 110 perches of land for £500 to Joseph Totten of New York, a Loyalist refugee with a wife, six children and four slaves in his household.

Date: ca.1930

Reference: Annapolis Heritage Society

Nova Scotia Archives —

Crown copyright © 2024, Province of Nova Scotia.