Dutch or Georgian Colonial buildings, 1700-1830, have the following characteristics:
- usually wood construction
- square symmetrical shape
- 1 ½ to 2 ½ storeys
- low-hipped, gambrel, steeply pitched gable, salt-box roofs, middle pitched or hipped roofs
- dormers absent or undersized
- one central or paired chimneys
- centered doorway with symmetrical facade
Date: ca. 1900
Format: Colour postcard.
Reference: Thorpe family Nova Scotia Archives accession no. 1986-466 no. 69
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/builtheritage/archives/
Crown copyright © 2022, Province of Nova Scotia.