Nova Scotia Archives

Gideon White Family Papers


''Old Firth House built 1785 it was in this house that Gov. Parr named Shelburne, N.S.''

The house was built for Edward Brindley, Commissary, in the summer of 1783. It was later known as the Firth House and was demolished in the 1920s.

Format: Colour post card

Reference: NSARM Walter Deinger Collection, 1995-4, no. 57

Negative:
N-9278

Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/white/exhibit/

Crown copyright © 2020, Province of Nova Scotia.