Nova Scotia Archives

Gideon White Family Papers


''Old Willow Planted about 1790''

The Stephen Shakespear house (right) at the southwest corner of George Street, formerly St. George’s, and Water Street. The house was built of logs but subsequently clapboarded.

Artist: A.P. Bruce [Mrs. Annie Bruce]

Reference: NSARM Photo Collection: Marion Robertson fonds, 1995-88, No. 9

Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/white/exhibit/

Crown copyright © 2020, Province of Nova Scotia.