The Ross-Thomson House was built by Robert and George Ross as a place of business in the 1780s. They sold the property to their accountant, Robert Thomson. Merchandise was hoisted to the upper loft for storage until required.
Date: ca. 1958
Reference: NSARM Photo Collection: Places: Shelburne: Houses: Ross-Thomson House
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/white/exhibit/
Crown copyright © 2020, Province of Nova Scotia.