J.A. Leaman & Company was established in 1864. The company's advertisement in McAlpine's Halifax City Directory for 1890-91 listed the business as wholesale and retail victuallers, pork packers and manufacturers of canned goods and bologna. The retail stores were at 8-10 Bedford Row, the offices were at number 12, and the packing establishment was across the street at 13-15 Bedford Row.
Reference: Fader Nova Scotia Archives 1972-21 no. 25
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/cooking/archives/
Crown copyright © 2022, Province of Nova Scotia.