The Ardmore Grounds were located between Almon and Chebucto in the Ardmore Subdivision. The open-air boxing arena existed prior to 1944 when the Ardmore School was built. The subdivison existed prior to World War Two but was developed with pre-fabricated housing after the war and throughout the 1940s.
George Latham, Referee
Reference: Tom Connors Nova Scotia Archives 1987-218 no. 071 / negative N-3926
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/connors/archives/
Crown copyright © 2020, Province of Nova Scotia.