Later became the house of Philip and Frances d’Eon. Date of construction 1865.
Louis and his wife Adélaide (daughter of Joseph Cyrill, known as Ciero, d’Entremont), married on November 16, 1865. It is believed that they lived in the house immediately after.
As was often the case at this time, Louis found a place to live near his parents, Cyrien and Thècle Duon, which is now the home of Maxime d’Eon.
Joseph E. d’Eon inherited the house from his father Louis Duon, and Francis inherited the house from his father Joseph E. Duon around 1944.
Reference: Musée des Acadiens des Pubnicos 2002.47-P214
For more information, please contact the Musée des Acadiens des Pubnicos.
Council of Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/communityalbums/pubnico/archives/
Copyright © 2022, Council of Nova Scotia Archives.