Necum Teuch is a small community located between Moser River and Ecum Secum. It was first settled by John Smith, who was born at Five Houses, Lunenburg County, NS but purchased land in Necum Teuch and moved there with his family in 1803. He was the son of Georg Schmidt of Germany who emigrated to Nova Scotia is 1752. The women pictured here are swimming in Smiths Cove, in the background is the new home of John William Smith and his wife Katie Naylor. To the right is the old family home.
Date: [ca. 1920]
Reference: Eastern Shore Archives D0169P002
For more information, please contact the Eastern Shore Archives.
Council of Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/communityalbums/easternshore/archives/
Copyright © 2020, Council of Nova Scotia Archives.