Council of Nova Scotia Archives

Antigonish Heritage Museum

Cottage Hospital

The first hospital in Antigonish was established in 1906. In short order it outgrew its facility and the former residence of C E Harris, Bay St was purchased in 1910. This Cottage Hospital faced a major expansion in 1912 to accommodate the ever growing need for medical services. By 1925 a new St Martha’s Hospital was constructed.

Date: 1910

Reference:  Antigonish Heritage Museum 2003.141.001

antigonish  Logo

For further information, please contact the Antigonish Heritage Museum.


Search Nova Scotia's Database of Archival Descriptions in

Council of Nova Scotia Archives —

Copyright © 2024, Council of Nova Scotia Archives.