Council of Nova Scotia Archives

Admiral Digby Museum


Digby’s first Court House was built in 1838. After seventy years of service, a new one was constructed c. 1908 on the same site. This impressive Queen Ann Revival structure, still used today, cost the then princely sum of $40,000. It is a building of impressive size and elegance situated on elevated ground and overlooking the magnificent Annapolis Basin.

Date: Late 1800s

Reference:  Admiral Digby Museum P14166

digby  Logo

For more information, please contact the Admiral Digby Museum.


Search Nova Scotia's Database of Archival Descriptions in

Council of Nova Scotia Archives —

Copyright © 2024, Council of Nova Scotia Archives.