In 1908, Winfred T. Ritcey (1878-1946) founded Acadia Gas Engines Ltd., which was located on south King Street. By 1946, it was the largest manufacturer in Canada of two-cycle gas engines. In this photograph, the fourth man from left is Mr. Baker, 7th from left is Earl Lowe, 6th or 8th man from left is Mervin D. Knox, and the rest are unknown.
Reference: DesBrisay Museum 97.2.1
For more information about DesBrisay Museum's exhibits, programs and events, please visit our website.
Council of Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/communityalbums/bridgewater/archives/
Copyright © 2023, Council of Nova Scotia Archives.