Bridgewater’s first fire company was a bucket brigade. In 1876 a hook and ladder protection company was organized. The first fire station was in the Drill Shed on Dufferin Street, and later the department met in their new fire hall on St. Andrew’s Street. A new fire station was built in 1962 on Dominion Street.
Date: [ca. 1822]
Reference: DesBrisay Museum 82.1.2
For more information about DesBrisay Museum's exhibits, programs and events, please visit our website.
Council of Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/communityalbums/bridgewater/archives/
Copyright © 2023, Council of Nova Scotia Archives.