Council of Nova Scotia Archives

Halifax Municipal Archives

Halship's Dartmouth Shipyard

Oblique aerial photograph of Halship's Dartmouth Shipyard, looking east over Dartmouth. View shows St. Peter’s Church, the Dominion Molasses Company building (destroyed by fire in June 1959), start of the Shubenacadie Canal, Sullivan’s Pond and Lake Banook. HMCS Thunder, a Bay Class Minesweeper is in the marine slip in the foreground, and was Iaunched Oct. 27, 1956. A DOSCO (Dominion Steel and Coal Corporation - who owned the shipyard) sticker affixed to the image describes the shipyard. Photograph by Benjamin Studios negative #44023, with permission.

Topic: Dartmouth

Date: [between 1956 and 1958]

Reference: City of Dartmouth Planning and Development photographs Halifax Municipal Archives 101-80C-1-3-9

halifaxarchives  Logo

For further information, please contact the Halifax Municipal Archives.


Search Nova Scotia's Database of Archival Descriptions in

Council of Nova Scotia Archives —

Copyright © 2024, Council of Nova Scotia Archives.