An old, tumble-down building on Queen Street was transformed in 1878 into the Union Engine Company No. 6 Engine House. Designed by the City Engineer of the time, Edward H. Keating, the building still stands to-day, adjoining the entrance to Fort Massey Cemetery on Queen Street – no longer a fire station, but otherwise not greatly altered on the exterior.
Date: ca. 1878
Reference: anonymous Nova Scotia Archives Photo Drawer - Places - Halifax - Fire Department - Union Engine Co.
Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/halifax/archives/
Crown copyright © 2020, Province of Nova Scotia.