Nova Scotia Archives

Brigs and Barques: Images and Artworks from the Age of Sail


S.L. Tilley

Built in 1856 at Saint John, NB by Thomas Morgan. Registered at Saint John, NB no. 35, 1856; owned by George Roberts, Richard Seeley and David V. Roberts. Registered at Yarmouth, registration no. 8, 1857; owner Bowman Corning; dismasted in a hurricane and became water-logged. Abandoned at sea July 1867.

Artist: unsigned

Reference: Documentary Art Collection Nova Scotia Archives 1979-147 143

Nova Scotia Archives — https://archives.novascotia.ca/brigsbarqs/archives/

Crown copyright © 2020, Province of Nova Scotia.